Chapter 5: Room No. 217



We never talked to each other after that nor called, because the ego was winning this and I don't know but I was really missing her, her presence was being missed... 

April 1,2015

I don't know why her mom called me, maybe she didn't know that we are not in the talking terms anymore.

"Hello, Aditya. I am Anwesha's mom"
"oh... Hi aunty"
"Do you have any idea where Anwesha is?"
"No why, Is everything alright?"
"Last afternoon she went outside. She said she just gonna take a walk for a bit but she never came back home. We have been looking everywhere for her."
"I have no idea where she is. I am very sorry"
"It's Okay, My husband and I are so worried maybe you can help us find her?"
"I will aunty, for sure"
"Thank You so much beta!!! Meet me and my husband in the park. We'll be waiting for you at the park."

4 Years Later

"Good Morning, Dubba"
"Good Morning, Dubbi"
"I have very... very good news!!! My friend who's working for a travel agency. She gave us free airplane passes."
"Woah!! That's awesome, but how many?"
"Two. One for you and one for me. I can't believe such opportunities like these knock at our door. Just in time for our last date before our marriage."
"Our marriage?"
"Don't play dumb. I am so happy I have a boyfriend like you, from being best friends to this? That's uncommon?"
"We are destined for each other"
"So, where do you wanna go, Dubba?"
"You're the one should decide dubbi!"
"Me... Okay!!! Hawai? all the way... Dubba? Why didn't I die?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Why didn't I die when the car hit me? You made me look for more and wander the unknown."
"I don't understand a thing"
"Rapid eye movement huh!! One day I saw this weird girl with tears stuck below her eyes... She was walking by the streets to forget everything until boom. She got hit by a vehicle. She literally got what she wanted but never actually did."
"Let's talk about other stuff?"
"There's no other thing to talk about except for this. Then they took the girl to a building full of people in white. Hell, even the wall is white. Plain and boring all white... They took her to the 217th room, still white but hey at least the girl is not dead."
"Come on, Stop it"
"No, I can't dubba... What if life gave you another chance?"
"I don't need one."
"Hey just asking here man another chance to... To learn to... wait a minute."
"To learn to what?"
"Shusshhh Dubba. The car is here... It's gonna hit me anytime now..."
"I'll save you, dubbi, I am here"
"You don't have to. I just wanna let you know that please don't ever change because... I don't want to lose my best friend. The real him... Goodbye"
"No! Dubbi!! Pleaseee"

Ahhh!! Headache!! I don't wanna go to college today mom...I woke up from a nightmare!! Four years back she was hit by a car, but she survived, But the doctor's told us that She is suffering from Amnesia(Memory loss).

One day her message popped up on my phone, I don't know why? because she didn't knew me and Yeah, I was living with this fact that there was nothing between me and her.

"Hello! Mr. Aditya. I am Anwesha, a college student studying Psychology. I have heard you are a future chemist from the same university like mine. I would like to ask some questions about the development of our research."
"Sure, Anwesha!!"
"Thank You!"
"Do you know me?" I asked thinking she might know me
"No, but we'll get to know each other. Okay, so we have this research about the cause and effect of limerence on people. I am sorry, but do you know what limerence is?"
"Yes, I do... It's the state of mind resulting from romantic attraction"

I did know that No wonder after her accident I started visiting Psychologists thrice in a week, for like 6 months... So I was pretty sure with some terms.

"You are clever... anyway. I bet you have some experience with limerence or love?"
"Yes, I learned a lot!"
"That's actually great! Your contribution will be very helpful to us, So how would you describe your last experience?"
"It's unforgettable" I replied
"Sorry, but could please give a bit more accurate response?"
"It was full of unexpected turns and changes."
"Please give specific changes that occurred back then?"
"Very sudden changes, you won't understand."
"I see, do you wish you could turn back time?"
"Yeah, if only it was possible."
"If it was possible, what would you do?"
"I would fix everything."
"What do you wish you had done?"
"I wish I did everything I could"
"I have a feeling that... You had an unsatisfactory last experience, am i right? And you still regret doing things you wish you hadn't done?"
"Can't you remember anything?"
"From the past? I can't. Not even a thing. Anyway, what would you do if she comes back to you?"
"I would make her remember everything."
"Let's change the focus. I think your responses are becoming too dramatic. Let me ask about that girl. How would you describe her?"
"She's Beautiful."
"How did you guys meet?"
"Through this. This magical thing called a chat."
"Mister, what are you afraid of?"
"I am afraid of several things."
"Do you even miss what you two used to be?"
"Yes, I miss what we used to be"
"Can you give me one of her thoughts you wouldn't forget?"
"Life is like a swing."
"What if life gave you another chance?"
"Chance to what?"
"Chance to learn to love again?" She replied
"It always has. Life has given me a chance again. All that's left to do now is... To start everything new."
"What? Life gave you another chance? Umm, that's great whatever that is. But now. Your answers are groundbreaking mister! These answers are very, very helpful for our research! Because out of all the people i interviewed, you are the only one who contributed such unique information! How can I ever thank you for this, Adi?"
"Perhaps a Hot Dog with me?"
"Sure, I love Hot Dog!, I wonder how much my professor would be amazed by this information."
"He had stand-in awee!!"
"Hahaha!!! Thank you so much, Adi, I think I have to go now... Friends?"
"Friends" I replied!!!

You never know how things will turn! It all started with a friendship and It ended with a friendship, She didn't remember me at all! Not even a single thing, yet she still loves Hot Dog! and so am I, Yes, I am soon to be a chemist, because she wanted to do! I know her memories will never come back, but I have this second chance to prove her! Maybe I can even bring back her memories. But a great love story awaits all of us, might be around the corner! You don't need a special bond of 1-2 year to fall in love, you just need to see who is for you. I'll sum this up as People come into your life, they live some part of it with you and then they are gone just like everything... There's a dialogue in Dear Zindagi "Genius is about knowing when to stop"!!! With this i'll end this story!!!



THE END :)

     






  

Comments

Post a Comment