Chapter 3: At The Park



January 9, 2015

Tik... tik... Alarm making sound again and again!! finally I woke up, fuck it's 4:45 PM, I am late fuck, I am late on my very first date, ab toh gya main!!

"It's 5:45 PM dubba, I guess it was hard to find the location? or wait a minute you overslept like you always do?" She said

I am still trying to catch my breath and somehow grasped my breath and said

" I am sorry dubbi, anyway Happy Birthday, Today is your day and I don't really think that you need to know how much you mean to me? and you're my Jaan that's what you need to know dubbi..." Finally, i got hold of my breath
"Thank you so much dubba,  I am celebrating my birthday with you, There's nothing I need now, I have everything right now, I have you and this beautiful park. Wait a minute... What are you holding behind you? It looks like a present for someone. Am i right?"
"Yes, It is indeed for someone"
"Yeah, Someone "She replied
"Where's my present?"
"Your present? I wonder what I'm holding behind me... Anyway, we're gonna open each other's present later"
"So, Let's walk around?"
"That's a better idea than just standing here... and you staring at my eyes"
 As I was walking with her talking about numerous things which included James Bond too, She holds her gaze to the right.!! I was still staring at her eyes because it was soo beautiful... 

"Dubba, look at those children freely running around the grass field," She said
"Well, they look happy"
"They are. Watching them play makes me miss childhood. Of course, who in the world would not miss childhood?"
"No one, of course"
"That was a rhetorical question, dude... It somehow fascinates me that we, people undergo childhood without realizing it's the best time of our lives. It's like being blind to the truth"
"I agree. Children don't realize they'll miss everything they used to be until it's too late"
"Yup, I guess so!! Dubba What is a reality? What if the universe is just a simulation? what is life? Am i real? What is perfection? What is a beauty? How does one know if someone or something is beautiful? Is there a standard? Some rules?"
"It depends on the observer, I guess"
"Well, I guess so, Anyway I am hungry... There's a hotdog stand. Come one, Let's eat!! You want one? I'll pay!!"
"Let me order, Dubbi"
"Hahaha!! Sure Sir!!" She replied mockingly!!

While I was ordering hotdogs! I was still staring at her eyes, although she didn't know that... 

"Why do you arrived at 5:45PM, Dubba?"
"I had to buy you a perfect gift, Dubbi!!"
"Awww, Now you're making me more pumped up to know what's inside" She replied

*Finally we got our hotdogs and then we sat on the bench and started eating*

"Hold on dubbi, I'll be right back" Grabbing a piece of tissue from that hotdog stand...

"What did y-0h" She replied

* I wiped the mustard off her face *

"I don't understand? Why did you just wipe my cheek?" She replied confusingly...
"There was mustard on your face" I replied with a slight smile on my face...
"Hahaha... Well umm, Thank you dubba, anyway what's your food type?"
"Anything edible preferably vegetarian" I replied!!! though she was a non-vegetarian
"Okay, I see" Laughing again and again!!
"Why are you laughing, Dubbi?" I replied confusingly

* while she continues to laugh at my face she takes something out of her pocket *

"Haha, Let me" She wipes the ketchup off my face with her handkerchief
"Hahaha, There you go dubba" She replied with a big smile
"You shocked me there when you reach for my face"
"I had to... Eat slowly, Dubba. There's no rush going on!!!"
"Hahaha, I will never forget that" I replied!!

*We finished eating finally*
"Look, Dubba! These swings are unoccupied. Wanna swing for a while?"
"Let's go!!!"
"Are you going to join me?"
"No, but I'm going to push you" I was always scared of those swings that sound always scared me what if? I am swinging and it goes down?
"Sure, Life is like a swing, dubba. I remember the times when I was let down... When I had to face challenges alone... It felt like no hope would knock at my door. But I have to swing constantly to keep myself at the top. At the top where everything is happy... At the top where everything is happy... At the top everything is fine."
"At the top where dreams become reality" I continued
"At the top where there's nothing to worry about. The problem is... No matter how hard you swing, you will always pass by the low ground. But if there were no ground... "
"There would be nowhere to start from" I continued her statement
"That's right!! The low ground where problems lurk is a part of everyone's life.... and always will be. Without problems to solve, there would be no reason to keep on going. Dubba, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Problems are the purpose of life" I replied
"Exactly, Dubba"
"Yeah, wait hold on!! Are you hearing something?"
"What is it?"
"I guess, someone is playing guitar nearby, Let's go"
"Yeah, It sounds pleasing to my ears. Let's find who is playing!!"
"Well, He's talented!!'
"Look, the old man is accepting the request! Go Dubba, request something before someone else does"

*I approached the Guitarist, Gave him some rs. and told him...!!*

"Something romantic, please. Thank You"
"I wonder what you told him to play," She said

*Music starts playing*

"It sounds... It sounds like a love song... Dubba? Seriously"
"Well, you know that I love romantic songs!!"
"Well, I can't appreciate the music. Help me"
"Think about the love of your family and friends."
"Good idea, Let me try"

*She closes her eyes and damnn her smile I was ready to anything for that smile on her face just to stay like this*

"It's working, wait, what are you seeing on my face"
"Oh!! Nothing just seeing your smile" Coming back to reality, Love is an amazing feeling, isn't it?
"It is. The sun's almost down. It's time for us to go home now, Dubba!!"
"Yeah, we better go home before we get grounded!!"
"Oh, Let's open our presents first," She said
"Sure, I'm excited"
"You go first"
"No, Girls first"
"Ahh,, Okay,, Turn around dubba... You see that colorful poster??"
"Yeah"
"Here Dubba, It says there's a firework show later"
"When"
"Here at the park later! I can't believe it!! Dubba, I know you're gonna get grounded if you get home later... but can we stay longer for the show? Please!!!" She insisted
"I don't know, Dubbi"
"Please, Dubba. Just for my birthday!!" She insisted more
"Okay, Dubbi, Let's stay the night!!"
"Yess"

*She hugs me... Man, I was always waiting for this day only I am ready to see a few more firework shows" 

"I knew I could count on you. Thank you so much, Dubba"
"You can always count on me, Dubbi"
"Well, now it's your time to show me my present"
"Here's your gift"

*She opened*

*It's a clock with me and her in it, with a letter indeed a big one*
"Thank you so much, Dubba," She said
"Hang this somewhere in your room, so whenever you wanna know what the time is.. You'll remember US"
"I like how you came up with that idea, Dubba"
"Thank You, Look up, Dubbi,"
"The night sky is mesmerizing, reminds me of something"
"People and love?"
"Exactly! All of those stars, imagine they're people. Think about it. Seven billion stars.Different beliefs. Different looks. And somehow, a star gets to meet that special start who'll treat her right..."
"Ahh, Amazing Dubbi"
"Look around us? Dubba, Look at all these sweet couples around us...!!"
"They seem to be having a great time"
"Yeah, and they're all holding hands... It feels awkward to be surrounded by lovers. How do we blend in?"
"Let's hold hands too, I guess"
"You sure? I hope you won't fall in love with me"

*And now as we hold our hands, that's what I always wanted, I was already in love with her and now I am deeply, madly in love with her, issshhh, Koi toh roklo*

"Does it feel awkward?"
"No, Not anymore... "
"Wait, How could I forget this? You have a crush on someone? Right? Tell me."
"Yeah, about that!, I've something to tell you"
"Ohh, What is it?"

*It was time, to get over this fucking dreamy world and confess my love for me*

"I waited long for this moment to tell you this, I'm afraid... I... Love you!!"
"Wait... Are you?? Are you being serious right now?
"I'm serious" Looking at her eyes!!
"Whoa... Dubba I've gotta tell you something too.. The truth is.. I like you... I used to.."
"Really?"
"Yeah, you see when you helped me get over Arpita and Hardik... I started having feelings for you... but there's some sort of force inside me telling me to stop those feelings, because we're best friends, right?"
"We are" Holding my emotions
"You're a great friend... and I don't wanna lose you... You're everything I wished for... I mean... You are nice and You are charismatic and You're attractive... You're perfect but... I don't know, I guess my feelings for you suddenly vanished..."
"Will they come back?"
"I don't know and plus I always kinda knew that you know, you have a thing for me..."
"Hmmm..."
"The words that you say, they're... I don't know. Suspicious? I'm not trying to be mean to you, I remember the time... You wanted to take Chemistry too... You were kind of making me jealous..., Dubba, do you know what I'm realli scared of?"
"Confessions at parks?"
"Hahaha, you're crazy, I am scared of you leaving me, I don't know why? but you really mean a lot to me"
"I will never leave you, Dubbi"
"I am sorry, If i hurt you, Dubba. We'll find someone special someday. We're better off this way... You'll find someone better than me..."
"I can't and I won't There is no one better than you!!"
"Time will tell you, Dubba, Let me ask this straight! Do you really want to continue this friendship?"
"Yeah, I want to" Yes, i loved her, but more than that i loved her presence, I just wanted to stay with her because she was everything...
"Thanks, Dubba, I hope things work out right..."
"I hope so" Hiding my tears in front of her
"Dubba, a person doesn't have to be romantically loved to be happy... All that person needs is a friend who makes him happy, in spite of dark times, to be happy!!"
"Yeah, you are right, I am glad that we sorted out!!"
" There we go!!, Hey look! The show has begun!! Look at that cute, heart-shaped firework!!"
"It's beautiful"
"This is the best of my life, Dubba!!! Love you"

After that, we headed back to our home, and I was still feeling sad, I thought she will say yes, but... and I really can't understand this girl!! Love you again!!" 









Comments