A Promise!

Image result for promise

Promises are just another way of telling a lie sweetly.

Promise me I be for you, you be for me, we be for each other forever. This is the prettiest way of telling a lie.

Promises are meant to be broken, even though we know that this promise is a lie but still we believe, we believe that this one is not a lie, this promise isn't meant to be broken and what we get in the end? is a sweet lie.

I promised you, that I will stay far away from you but that perfect, hazy memory of you fills my soul and I need you but this promise wasn't a sweet lie this turns out be a bitter truth for me.

We promised to be friends for life, Our path has not been a straight one so many snags and curves, so many times we had to wait, I wished that we should have waited for once that day but we didn't and in the end, we drifted.

You promised me that you won't leave ever, You even promised me that you will never turn your back on me, You even promised that you are here right next to me, but I forgot that this was a sweet lie wrapping me in your dreams.

With one foot in the past and one foot in the present, you can never move on although you can walk and when I look back to those beautiful days I think WAS IT REALLY YOU? 

I don't make promises now, I don't lie now and till date, I haven't broken any of my promises that I made to you. I am still here and living with those imperfectly perfect memories of you.

But Nevertheless, we met once and made each other happy. I hope that If we find ourselves under the darkest of clouds, those happy moments will be an epitome of happiness that makes us believe that joy will come in the morning.

I promise to never miss you again and PROMISES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN.

Peace.
Happy New Year!


Comments