The Girl Who Took My Tomorrow


I still remember the day she left.
The sky didn’t fall. The earth didn’t shake.
She just packed her things, said goodbye with tired eyes, and walked out of my life like it was the simplest thing in the world.  

But for me… I couldn’t.
I still can’t.

She was my everything.
Not in the big, loud way people talk about love.
She was the quiet kind. The girl who made ordinary days feel like poetry.
Different. So beautifully different.
Her laugh could turn my worst mood into sunshine.
Her voice felt like home.
When she looked at me, I believed I was enough.

Now she’s getting married.

I saw the pictures today. She looked happy. Radiant.
The kind of happy I once gave her.
Or maybe I only thought I did.
My hands shook while I scrolled. My chest felt like someone was squeezing my heart with cold fingers.
She is someone else’s bride now. Someone else gets to wake up beside her. Someone else will hold her when she’s scared, make her tea when she’s sick, and hear her say “I love you” every night.

And I?

I’m still here, stuck in yesterday.
Loving a girl who stopped loving me years ago.I tried to move on. God knows I tried.
I deleted our chats a hundred times and restored them the same night.
I still sleep on my side of the bed, leaving her space empty like a fool.
Her favorite songs still play on my phone when I’m not paying attention.
Every time I see someone with her kind of smile, my heart whispers her name before my brain can stop it.

She was my first thought in the morning and my last prayer at night.
Now she’s becoming someone’s wife, and I’m becoming a memory she probably doesn’t visit anymore.

I don’t hate her. How could I?
She gave me the best years of my life.
She showed me what love feels like.
I just wish she had stayed. Or that I could stop waiting for someone who is never coming back.

People say time heals all wounds.
They lie.
Time only teaches you how to carry the pain without crying in public.
I smile when friends ask how I am. I say I’m fine.
But at night, when the house is quiet, I break again.
Because she took my future with her when she left.

If you ever read this, my love…
I hope he makes you happier than I could.
I hope you never feel the emptiness I feel every single day.
I hope your wedding is everything you dreamed of.

And I…
I will keep missing you in silence.
Loving you in the past tense.
Still unable to let go of the girl who was once my everything.

She left.
But my heart never learned how.

- Still yours, even when you’re not mine anymore.

Comments