Daunting



I never knew that goodbye could hurt so much,
Or that losing you would leave an ache that's tough,
You were my closest, and now that you are gone,
I don't know what to do, I feel lost, and heartbroken.

We shared a bond that was so pure and true,
And now when you are not here, I don't know what to do,
I miss your smile, laughter, and those trips which we used to plan,
I miss our conversation.

The memories we shared will always remain,
But the thought of living without you is such a strain,
My heart is heavy, and my eyes are wet with tears,
And the pain I feel inside is beyond all fears.

The world seems different now that you are not here,
And the thought of moving on fills me with fear,
But I know you would want me to be strong,
But how? I still haven't accepted that you are not here.

The only option I have is to try my best,
To cherish our memories and to carry on,
I will always hold onto you,
And keep you close to my heart, day and night.

You may be gone, but you'll never be forgotten,
The nights are long and quiet, without your voice,
And though I may feel broken, but I'll always smile,
A piece of me is forever gone.

And eventually, as time goes on, I'll learn to cope,
You were full of life and I was the opposite, 
I know you're at peace,
You will always live on in my heart...





 

Comments