The Day


The day when i saw her, 
The day when i send her a friend request,
The day when i first talked to her,
The day when i fell in love with her, 
The day when i felt the whole damn zoo going wild in my stomach,
The day when i said "THIS IS IT, I GOT MY FOREVER", 
The day when i cried for her,
The day when i felt her importance in my life,
The day  when time stopped for me, 
The day when my life became beautiful, 
The day when we crossed path,
The day when i smiled at you and you ignored, 
The day when you were everything to me,
The day when you pledged that you'll return,
The day when you became neither a victory nor a loss,
The day when i thought that everything was a lie,
The day when  my mom woke me up from my dream. 
The day when i realised that this was all just a GOOD dream.

And today when i stand in front of the mirror I cannot help but notice the changes i have gone through. The obvious changes, I know, have not occured overnight. I still remember that smile on your face. Those moments are still alive. 

©Aditya Dube


Comments