DON - My Fifth Blog

Those who have loved a dog know the truth: Your own pet is never "just a dog". Research has confirmed that for most people, the loss of dog is, in almost every way, comparable to the loss of a human loved one but some people don't realize that how strong and intense can be the bond between people and their dogs.

Perhaps my relationship with DON was even more satisfying than my human relationships because he provide me with such unconditional, uncritical positive feedback. Scientific studies also indicate that dogs can understand human intentions.

Psychologist Julie Axelrod has pointed out that the loss of a dog is so painful because owners aren't just losing the pet. It could mean the loss of source of unconditional love, a primary companion who provides security and comfort. Just looking at the dogs can make people smile.

No one ever tells you that when your dog is dying, it feels like human is dying. But for me my DON is still alive in my heart. I love him and i miss him very much he was everything to me and the day when i saw his body i sat next to him, and i touched his skinny body. I cried. The reason it felt like a human died is because , in so many ways, dogs are like us. They spend much of their life caring for us, and letting us care for them.

I didn't know how to say goodbye, But in the moment, there was only one thing i actually wanted to say to my DON: "Thank You"

I MISS YOU! I LOVE YOU! 


Comments